Our mission is to serve children with autism spectrum and related disorders, regardless of geographical location. Parenting with autism is not easy. Most children with autism have very complex and unique medical issues. Dr. Green addresses these issues and collaborates closely with parents to help restore health and balance to their children. With this teamwork, healing becomes possible, as parents know their children best.
NUTS AND BOLTS
Our practice is unique in that we work with families all over the world and much of our collaborative work with parents occurs by secure messages on our patient portal, video-conferencing (on Zoom) and telephone. Ideally, new patients come to our Oregon or Washington clinic for a complete initial evaluation. Follow-up visits can be done in person, over the phone, or by video-conference. Between visits, parents stay in close contact with Dr. Green through our patient portal.
In-person office visits are generally billable to insurance companies, while phone and email consultations are not covered by insurance. Please check with your insurance company regarding coverage of video-conference appointments. Our office does not bill insurance directly, but we are happy to give your a “superbill” which you can then submit to your insurance company.
We understand that most parents are stressed financially today and that this can contribute to the other stresses of parenting a special needs child. We will strive to be efficient and economical in our work with you. In addition, if you live far away, we will work creatively to bring therapies to you.
We are grateful for your interest in our practice, and especially for the honor to serve the dedicated families who come to work with us.
At this time, we are accepting children and parents-to-be who are seeking preconceptual (pre-pregnancy) and prenatal consultation to minimize autism risk. Dr. Green is generally in the Oregon office one week per month and in Spokane for the rest of the month. New patients in the Portland, Oregon area or who are coming from afar, should plan to see Dr. Green in the Oregon office to have access to our full laboratory services. New patients are also welcome to come to our Spokane office, but lab services there are more limited.
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section to obtain answers to commonly asked questions and feel free to contact the office if you have any questions.
Steps to Becoming a Patient
Prospective patients who are children: To ensure that our services are right for your child, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org that tells us:
- The age of your child,
- Your child’s diagnosis (if any),
- Who referred you,
- Any helpful therapies or medical interventions that you have tried.
- Your phone number (if you live in the United States).
Our office will contact you to let you know if Dr. Green feels like he can be of help to your child. Once accepted in the practice, you will be instructed to follow the steps below.
Follow these steps:
We require that all of our families register via our electronic medical record in order for us to properly chart and bill our interactions and if applicable, to provide you with the paperwork that can help you to bill your insurance company. Our questionnaires are designed to help you prepare for your first appointment.
- Sign up for our patient portal: https://theevergreencenter.md-hq.com. (Please note that the link does not work if it is preceded with a “www.”)
- If you are registering your child, fill out all of all of the forms in the Questionnaires section under : Children’s Forms and Questionnaires.
- If you are an adult registering for preconceptual or prenatal autism prevention care, fill out all the forms under: Adult New Patient Forms & Questionnaires.
- Once you have completed all of the above, please contact our office to schedule an appointment. Please note that our portal scheduling tool does not work for new patient visits. Children’s initial appointments are 2 hours long and autism prevention appointments for adults are 1 hour in length. A $100 deposit on a valid credit card will be collected at the time of scheduling to reserve your first appointment.
We see children in Kalisz, Poland once a year, sponsored by the New Hope Help Foundation. We also hold a clinic for autistic children in Kailua, Hawaii once a year. We recommend that Hawaiian patients contact the Hawaii chapter of TACA , or our office for more information regarding our work in Hawaii.
We look forward to serving you!